MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC). The Joint Commission's seal of approval confirms that MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital has met particular performance standards.
- The MedStar Good Samaritan Laboratory department is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- MedStar Good Samaritan's Blood Bank is accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- The MedStar Good Samaritan Diabetes program received accreditation through the American Diabetes Association (ADA) for meeting the national standards for diabetes self-management education.
- MedStar Good Samaritan's Mammography program is accredited through the American College of Radiology's Mammography Accreditation Program (ACR). This program is also accredited through the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
- The Cancer program at MedStar Good Samaritan is accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- Our Vascular Lab has received accreditation through the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL). MedStar Good Samaritan's Vascular Lab is certified in Extracranial Cerebrovascular Testing, Peripheral Arterial Testing and Peripheral Venous Testing.
- The MedStar Good Samaritan Rehabilitation program has been accredited through the Accreditation Commission (CARF) since 1971 for its Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation and Stroke Specialty programs.
- MedStar Good Samaritan's Internal Medicine Residency Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education.
- The MedStar Good Samaritan Imaging department is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is a member of the Catholic Health Association (CHA).
- Our stroke care program has received the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers, a certification program first launched in 2003.
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital has received the Bronze Performance Achievement award from the American Stroke Association for its exceptional care for stroke patients.
- The Stroke Center at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital has received both the honored Bronze Award and Silver Plus Award from the American Heart Association for the outstanding work of the center as well as its preventive and community education programs.
- For the last four years the Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care, the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization for Maryland, has awarded the Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement to MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital. It was one of five hospitals in Maryland to win the award again in 2011.
- The Cardiology Department at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital received re-accreditation in May of 2013 for the next 3 year period from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital received the 2015 “Partner for Change” award by Practice Greenhealth in May of 2015 for its commitment to environmental sustainability and was recognized for its sustainable garden initiatives.
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital (as part of MedStar’s Baltimore Region Cancer Network) was granted Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) in June of 2015.
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the Baltimore region for Nephrology and Gastroenterology/GI Surgery in July of 2015. The hospital also received a high performance rating for knee replacement.
For more information on the many healthcare awards and honors received by MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, view our history.