At MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, we believe the keys to staying healthy are education and prevention. Besides that, we are always striving to fulfill our mission: We are MedStar Good Samaritans, guided by Catholic tradition and trusted to deliver ideal healthcare experiences. Our community outreach program features nurses who teach health and wellness as well as provide screenings at area churches, schools, senior housing developments and senior centers. They offer a variety of talks and programs from Tai Chi to chair exercises and health fairs, as well as a support group and educational programs for people with arthritis. They perform health screenings for osteoporosis, blood pressure and vision.
Community Outreach Services
Nurses in our community outreach program provide the following services:
- Community health fairs and screenings at area churches, schools, senior housing developments and senior centers
- Vintage program - helping our older population age vibrantly and live a better quality of life by hosting talks that address physical, spiritual and emotional well-being
- Parish Nursing
- Partnership with Mt. Zion Baptist Church
- Parkville Festival
- Towsontown Festival
- Baltimore Book Festival
- Church Health Fairs [including Church of the Redeemed of the Lord, St. Ursula Church, St. Thomas Aquinas Church and Loch Raven Community Church]
For more information about our community programs, call 443-444-4100.
- 2011: "Stand for Children Pinwheel Garden" Project to support efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect
- 2010: How a Woman I Love Takes Great Care of Me essay contest
Reports to the Community