My Commitment to Our Vision to Create Ideal Healthcare Experiences
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is an organization committed to values, which are reflected in our behavior expectations: recognition, ownership, communication, courtesy, enthusiasm, and teamwork. Each employee strives to embrace these behaviors daily. In fact, to become a Good Samaritan, you must show your commitment to these behaviors by signing the Staff Promise. All MedStar Good Samaritan employees promise to uphold these expectations so they may know, own, energize, build and sustain our spirit of worthwhile work.
- I show appreciation by saying "Thank you."
- I offer verbal and written recognition for a job well done.
- I promote MedStar Good Samaritan in and outside the workplace.
- I follow through on commitments.
- I take care of MedStar Good Samaritan property. I keep all areas clean and free of clutter.
- I am not afraid to say "I'm sorry." I practice service recovery.
- Focus on the five puzzle pieces - service, quality, people, growth, finance
- Share results monthly across each puzzle piece
- Embrace the "must haves" (rounding, thank you notes, follow-up phone calls, huddles, white boards, key words at key times, leadership evaluation, and employee selection and coaching) as an integral part of our culture
- Sustain our top-level commitment by holding ourselves and others accountable for achieving goals
- Develop great leaders by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring, as well as providing leadership development every 90 days
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Lead by positive example and role model desired behaviors
- Recognize good performers
- Celebrate successes no matter how small or large
- Support Ideal Healthcare Experience teams
- Allocate the resources necessary to succeed
We believe this commitment will help us live our vision to be Good Samaritans trusted to deliver ideal healthcare experiences.
We, the senior leadership team, make a personal and affirmative pledge to the success of "creating ideal health care experiences" at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital. As a demonstration of our commitment as trusted Good Samaritans, we pledge to:
Our goal is to create a culture that is ultimately focused on service and operational excellence. We pledge to create a great place to receive care, a great place to practice medicine and a great place to work.