My Commitment to Our Vision to Create Ideal Healthcare Experiences
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is an organization committed to values, which are reflected in our SPIRIT [Service, Patient first, Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork] and ROCCET [Recognition, Ownership, Communication, Courtesy, Enthusiasm and Teamwork] behavior expectations. Each employee strives to embrace these behaviors daily. In fact, to become a Good Samaritan, you must show your commitment to these behaviors by signing the Staff Promise. All MedStar Good Samaritan employees promise to uphold these expectations so they may know, own, energize, build and sustain our commitment to worthwhile work.
I anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians and co-workers.
- I greet patients and customers respectfully upon their arrival.
- I create positive relationships with patients, families, physicians and fellow Good Samaritans.
- I dress neatly and professionally, and follow the dress code policy.
- I address patient and visitor concerns in a timely manner, always remaining calm and patient.
- I prevent problems from occurring.
I deliver the best to all patients and customers every day. They are always my first priority.
- I take action to maintain patient/customer safety.
- I address patient/customer needs in a timely manner, always providing the best care and service.
- I maintain patient/customer confidentiality by protecting private and sensitive information.
- I willingly provide assistance and information to help patients/customers.
- I take necessary action to earn the trust of my patients/customers.
I communicate openly and honestly, build trust and conduct myself according to the highest ethical standards.
- I positively represent MedStar Health to fellow Good Samaritans and to the community.
- I accept responsibility and own my actions; I perform my job completely.
- I work well with others and help create a positive work environment.
- I respect my fellow Good Samaritans.
- I follow the MedStar Code of Conduct and all workplace policies.
I treat individuals with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- I greet people warmly and appropriately.
- I act appropriately, both verbally and non-verbally.
- I come to work with a positive attitude, and show enthusiasm and confidence.
- I work well with others, creating an open and respectful workplace.
- I always remain calm and value the feelings of others.
I embrace change and work to improve all we do, I discover valuable improvements that help us all to prosper.
- I am committed to making the workplace better and to respectfully challenging the "norm" when necessary.
- I support new ideas and approaches to doing my work.
- I suggest solutions.
- I take the occasional "risk" to try a new and different way to do my work.
- I positively respond to feedback after a "lesson learned."
- I help to make the workplace better by contributing good ideas and helping to solve problems.
I build on the collective strength and diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect.
- I work well with others to reach our goals and get the job done.
- I work effectively with everyone, regardless of his or her background.
- I openly listen to and accept my co-workers' and customers' ideas and opinions.
- I support the decisions of my team and follow through with all assigned tasks.
- I maintain a positive and respectful attitude towards everyone.
- I follow all departmental policies and always come to work when scheduled.
- I show appreciation by saying "Thank you."
- I offer verbal and written recognition for a job well done.
- I promote MedStar Good Samaritan in and outside the workplace.
- I follow through on commitments.
- I take care of MedStar Good Samaritan property. I keep all areas clean and free of clutter.
- I am not afraid to say "I'm sorry." I practice service recovery.
- I demonstrate respect for patient confidentiality, privacy and modesty.
- I answer the phone within three rings, smile, and identify myself and my department.
- I take time to explain and keep others informed, using key words at key times.
- I greet people warmly and say "Hi."
- I knock, introduce myself, and ask permission to enter.
- I escort customers to their destination.
- I keep improving, personally and professionally.
- I speak positively and offer positive thoughts to those speaking negatively.
- I anticipate and exceed customers' needs.
- I'm a team player.
- I take initiative in helping others.
- I respect personal and cultural diversity.