Nurse assisting a patient in the Infusion Center.
Call Us Today
To schedule an appointment or request a screening, call:
Colorectal Cancer Care in Baltimore
A colorectal cancer diagnosis is difficult for you and your loved one, and our devoted team of experts at the MedStar Franklin Square Cancer Center at Loch Raven Campus in Baltimore is here for you. We offer advanced screening and genetic counseling and our doctors and nurses are here for every step of your journey, from diagnosis to treatment.
Our comprehensive team of colorectal cancer experts will discuss your treatment options and answer your questions for your stage of cancer. The most effective diagnosis and treatment plans require the best cancer-fighting resources. We offer state-of-the-art colorectal cancer services in Baltimore.
Colorectal Cancer Services
Colorectal Cancer Screenings
Colon cancer is the second deadliest cancer in Maryland, yet one of the most preventable. If you’re over 45, or think you may be at high risk because of your family history, ask your primary care provider about getting screened for colorectal cancer. Most insurances cover the cost of this screening.
Learn How Colorectal Cancer Screenings Save Lives
Click below to watch how a colorectal cancer screening saved a patient's life.
Individuals who have a strong family history of colon and rectal cancer may want to see a genetic counselor. The knowledge from genetic testing can provide you with treatment options or provide peace of mind if you do not have a genetic mutation. Our certified counselor specializes in genetically inherited cancers and will meet with you to assess your risk.
In addition, our cancer team offers:
- Infusion Center: providing IV therapy of all types, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Radiation Therapy: using the most advanced image-guided therapy
- Molecular Profiling and Treatment
- Clinical Trials: for eligible patients, giving them access to new, groundbreaking treatments
- Second Opinions: our fast-track program enables you to make an appointment for a second opinion within 48 hours
- Multidisciplinary Team: teams of oncologists and surgeons who meet weekly
- Support Services: patient and family support services, including a survivorship program, cardio-oncology, geriatric oncology, cancer rehabilitation, social work, financial counseling, and transportation
- Patient Navigation Services
- Free Parking
Our Team of Colorectal Cancer Experts
Our team of colorectal cancer experts at the Cancer Center at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is made up of a core group of colorectal surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gastroenterologists and a genetic counselor. We are highly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with all stages of colorectal cancer. Our experts have the experience and expertise to make sure you are receiving the latest and most advanced treatment options.
Awards and Recognitions
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, Three-Year Approval with Commendation
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation (as part of MedStar's Baltimore Region Cancer Network)