Francesco Grasso, MD, colorectal surgeon, exams a monitor during a colonoscopy. Surgery may be part of your colorectal cancer treatment plan, depending on your unique condition.
Our Colorectal Cancer Services in Baltimore
The team of colorectal cancer experts at the MedStar Franklin Square Cancer Center at Loch Raven Campus in Baltimore are highly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with all stages of colorectal cancer. We also offer advanced screening and genetic counseling because early and accurate diagnosis is critical to your care.
Every patient’s cancer is reviewed by a core group of doctors that includes a colorectal surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, gastroenterologist and genetic counselor. This means they work as a team to consider all options and develop an individualized treatment plan that will deliver the best possible outcome.
In addition, our cancer team offers:
- Cancer Screenings
- Advanced diagnostic technology to offer fast, accurate, results.
- Treatment of colorectal cancer with the least invasive, but most appropriate options available for each patient. Treatments we offer include:
- Immunotherapy to stimulate a person’s own immune system to destroy cancer cells
- Chemotherapy to shrink tumors
- Radiation therapy using the most advanced image guided therapy.
- Cancer rehab
- Clinical trials for eligible patients, giving them access to new groundbreaking treatments
- Multidisciplinary teams of oncologists and surgeons who meet weekly
- Molecular profiling and treatment
- Genetic counseling
- Patient and family support services, including a survivorship program, cardio-oncology, geriatric oncology, social work, financial counseling, and transportation
- Patient navigation services
- Second opinion fast-track program
The most effective diagnosis and treatment plans require state-of-the-art, cancer-fighting resources. That’s exactly what you’ll find at the MedStar Franklin Square Cancer Center at Loch Raven Campus in Baltimore. From diagnosis through survivorship, we offer expert, compassionate care—close to home.
Awards and Recognitions
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, Three-Year Approval with Commendation
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation (as part of MedStar's Baltimore Region Cancer Network)