Call Us Today
To schedule an appointment or request a screening, call:
Lung Cancer Care in Baltimore
When lung cancer is detected early, there is a great potential for cure. Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in both men and women in the United States. Our team of lung cancer experts at the MedStar Franklin Square Cancer Center at Loch Raven Campus are highly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of all stages of lung cancer. At the Cancer Center at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital we offer advanced screening, smoking cessation classes, and genetic counseling.
The most effective diagnosis and treatment plans require state-of-the-art, cancer-fighting resources. That’s exactly what you’ll find at the Cancer Center at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital. From diagnosis through survivorship, we offer expert lung cancer care in Baltimore.
Our Lung Cancer Services
Lung Cancer Screening Program
The early detection of lung cancer makes a significant difference in survivorship. We recommend and provide low-dose CT screening for smokers, former smokers, and other high-risk individuals. You may want to consider a lung cancer screening if you meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 55 and 77
- Have a smoking history of at least 30 pack years (i.e. a pack of cigarettes per day for at least 30 years, or two packs a day for at least 15 years)
- Are an active smoker or quit less than 15 years ago
Call 443-348-8336 to schedule a lung cancer screen.
While less than five percent of the cancer cases diagnosed each year are based on heredity, individuals who have strong family histories of lung cancer may want to see a genetic counselor. The knowledge from genetic testing can provide you with peace of mind and options. Our certified genetic counselor specializes in genetically inherited cancers and will meet with you to assess your risk.
In addition, our cancer treatment offers:
- Infusion Center: providing IV therapy of all types, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Radiation Therapy: using the most advanced image-guided therapy
- Thoracic Surgery: including video-assisted thoracic surgery, a state-of-the-art, minimally invasive procedure that reduces pain and speeds recovery
- Stents: placement of stents opens airways that are blocked or compressed by a tumor
- Cryotherapy: a procedure using extreme cold to freeze and destroy a tumor
- Clinical Trials: for eligible patients, giving them access to new, groundbreaking treatments
- Molecular Profiling and Treatment
- Second Opinions: our fast-track program enables you to make an appointment for a second opinion within 48 hours
- Lung Clinic: multidisciplinary team of oncologists and surgeons meet weekly
- Smoking Cessation: free courses with the support and resources you need to quit smoking
- Support Services: patient and family support services, including a survivorship program, cardio-oncology, geriatric oncology, cancer rehabilitation, social work, financial counseling, and transportation
- Patient Navigation Services: a nurse navigator is always available to provide information about lung disease and assistance with specific courses of treatment during and between your visits
- Free Parking
Our Team of Lung Cancer Experts
The team of lung cancer experts at the MedStar Franklin Square Cancer Center at Loch Raven Campus are highly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with all stages of lung cancer. We also offer advanced screening and genetic counseling because early and accurate diagnosis is critical to your care.
Every patient’s cancer is reviewed by a core group of doctors that includes a thoracic surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, interventional pulmonologist, and genetic counselor. We work as a team to consider all options and develop an individualized treatment plan that will deliver the best possible outcome.
Awards and Recognitions
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, Three-Year Approval with Commendation
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation (as part of MedStar's Baltimore Region Cancer Network)