Colon and Rectal Surgery Treatments
MedStar Health's colon and rectal physicians are specifically trained in the latest techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon and rectum. We offer symptomatic relief and treatment for hemorrhoids, fissures, diverticular disease, and polyps, among other conditions.
Colon and rectal surgeons typically treat the following areas of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Small intestine
- Large intestine or colon
- Rectum—the end of the large intestine
- Anus—the end of the intestinal tract where the sphincter muscle opens and closes the rectum to outside of the body
Our technology, as well as our approach to treatment, is tailored to the specific needs of each individual patient. We offer the greatest level of comfort and minimally invasive techniques, which reduce recovery time, minimize hospital stay and facilitate return to normal daily activity.
- Colon and Rectal Conditions
- Colon and Rectal Diagnosis
- Types of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
Go back to colon and rectal surgery.