Sponsored and managed by MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, Belvedere Green and Woodbourne Woods are first-rate independent living situations.
Independent living with support services is one of the fastest growing residential choices for seniors in this country. Residents can get the help they need—whether it is with cooking and housekeeping or dressing and taking medications—whenever they need it, 24 hours a day. And, because Belvedere Green and Woodbourne Woods are closely affiliated with MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, our residents can also depend on expert medical care right next door.
Add in the benefits of a home-like atmosphere, freedom, and privacy, plus companionship and opportunities from a supportive community, our residents stay vibrant and independent as they age.
- At least 62 years of age
- Are handicapped/disabled
- Able to live independently without assistance
- Meet H.U.D. income limits
- 142 one-bedroom units, 23 efficiencies
- Ample closet space
- Ceramic tile baths
- Emergency call devices available
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Modern kitchen appliances
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Cable-television ready
Services and Amenities
- 24-hour staffed security
- Accessible bus transportation to nearby shopping and churches
- Beauty salon/barber services
- Coin-operated laundry
- Greenhouse, outdoor patio, dining/multipurpose area
- Daily opportunities for individual and group activities
- Nutrition and wellness programs
- Religious services
- Transportation to MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital and on-campus doctors' offices
- Social work consultation
- Assistance with healthcare needs, including educational programs and health screenings
The MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital Senior Support Services Program is a package of services offered to the residents of Belvedere Green and Woodbourne Woods apartments that includes
- Two meals a day, seven days a week, served in the dining room.
- A minimum of 1.5 hours of housekeeping each week which includes vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc.
- A minimum of 1.5 hours of personal care each week which includes assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming, as needed.
- A minimum of 1.5 hours of laundry service each week.
The maximum monthly cost of the program is based upon income as determined by the State Office on Aging. The fee may be subsidized by the Maryland Office on Aging, depending on the participant's income. Exact program fees cannot be determined until all income information has been reviewed.
This program is designed for residents who may experience periodic difficulty with essential daily activities. We request that applicants for this program receive a psychosocial assessment and a current medical evaluation so we are familiar with their areas of need.
All units at Belvedere Green and Woodbourne Woods are rent subsidized and residents pay only 30 percent of adjusted gross income.
For complete details about availability and our exceptional services, call the housing administrator at 410-433-7255.
1651 East Belvedere Avenue
1650 Woodbourne Avenue
Call Us Today
For complete details about availability and our exceptional services, call the housing administrator at