Our Sleep Center can help you get back on the road to a good night’s sleep. The MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital Sleep Center provides comprehensive assessment for adults and children with sleep disorders. Our Sleep Center is an accredited facility that is run by certified staff members with many years of experience, and we are a proud member of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
Sleep Center Services
- For sleep studies, our facility offers privacy and comfort similar to a normal bedroom. Sleep technicians use monitoring devices measure and record breathing and body movement during sleep
- Sleep studies completed at MedStar Good Samaritan are reviewed by a physician with special credentials in sleep medicine. In addition, technical staff are trained polysomnographic technicians with many years of experience
- The Sleep Center provides quick feedback of all test results and face-to-face followup to ensure that your questions and concerns are addressed
- Sleep Apnea. People with sleep apnea may stop breathing many times during sleep. These episodes often last from 10 to 90 seconds and may occur hundreds of times a night
- Narcolepsy. This ailment causes people to experience excessive daytime sleepiness, uncontrollable episodes of sleep and hallucinations
- Insomnia. Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep and stay asleep. This may be caused by heartburn, poor sleep habits, alcohol, medications, stress or sleep apnea
- Nocturnal Myoclonus. Frequent leg jerks or movements that disrupt sleep are the major symptoms of this sleep disorder
Sleep studies including:
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- CPAP masks and technology
Learn more about sleep center treatments.