MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is your choice for specialized vascular care for artery or vein related problems. Our team of experienced vascular surgeons diagnoses and treats artery and vein conditions with a special focus on getting you back to your daily routine and enjoying life pain free.
Vascular Conditions Treated
- Aneurysms of the major blood vessels and aorta
- Artery blockages
- Blood clots
- Ischemia or lack of blood flow
- Restless leg syndrome
- Varicose veins
- Venous malformations
- Laser surgery for varicose vein treatment
- Radiofrequency occlusion for varicose vein treatment
- Surgical ligation for vein treatment
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid stenting
It’s not uncommon for a marathon runner to be challenged by leg pain. But for Urbane Maust, dismissing it may have cost him more than downtime. Urbane didn't have leg cramps or shin splints. He was suffering from a potentially deadly blood clot, or deep vein thrombosis; the same condition that claimed the life of his grandfather. Thankfully, diagnosis and treatment at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital meant a quick recovery for Urbane.
Awards and Recognitions
- Accredited through the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- Baltimore Magazine's annual "Top Doctors" ranking highlights nine physicians from MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital.
- MedStar Good Samaritan’s Vascular Lab is certified in Extracranial Cerebrovascular Testing, Peripheral Arterial Testing, and Peripheral Venous Testing.