A New Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
Nearly 50 years ago, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, a not-for-profit community hospital, broke ground in its construction to be the Baltimore region’s pinnacle inpatient rehabilitation hospital. At our very foundation, focus was given on the critical care our community needs by creating the space to house industry-leading rehabilitation programs and providing the most comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. As we continue to provide excellent care, our inpatient rehabilitation center is now in need of renovation to match healthcare innovations.
In celebration of our 50th anniversary in 2018 and to better serve the mid-Atlantic region; MedStar Good Samaritan is expanding to become the leading rehabilitation center in Baltimore.
The comprehensive renovation and improvement plan will:
The total cost of this new inpatient rehabilitation center is anticipated to be $17.5 million. MedStar Health and the Thomas O’Neill Fund have committed a total of $15 million, and we are seeking philanthropic investments totaling $2.5 million for capital needs. With the help of our generous partners, we will be able to achieve a bold vision for the future of rehabilitative care in our region.
Your Support Can Make a Difference
Patient Room Renovations
- Private patient rooms
- Comfortable space for visitors, including a sleeping area
- Room specific temperature controls
- Individual shower in each private room
- Built in mechanical ceiling lift in every room
Inpatient Rehab Restructure
- Centrally located therapy gym with an open floor plan
- One to one treatment with improved access to private treatment areas
- Separate low stimulation gym
- Animal assisted therapy
- State-of-the-art therapy equipment including overhead tracking body weight support system and eye operated communication device
Improvements in Aesthetics
- Integrated sound absorbing elements
- Natural lighting features to promote well-being
- New color scheme to promote a calming and healing environment
Upgrades to Services
- Assistive Technology room for patients to explore smart home devices and other tools to increase independence
- Construction of community integration area - a streetscape simulated, unique therapy learning lab to practice community skills in an interactive environment
- Complimentary Internet availability
- Designated visitor lounges
- Dedicated conference room for patient education
MedStar Good Samaritan is seeking philanthropic partnerships and commitments to develop a premier inpatient rehabilitation center at the hospital. This will support MedStar Good Samaritan’s reputation of being the largest and best inpatient rehabilitation program in the state, strengthened by its connection to the MedStar National Rehabilitation Network. All commitments, at any level, will directly benefit the inpatient rehabilitation center. For more information, please contact Kristi Rasmussen, CFRE, director of philanthropy for MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, at 443-444-4256 or [email protected].