MedStar Good Samaritan's Hospital's Cancer Center serves members of the community in need of oncology services related to screening, diagnosis and treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and other treatment options. Research related to clinical trials also provides an opportunity for patients to become involved in working toward a brighter future for others as well as themselves. Opportunities to support the Cancer Center with a donation are numerous, including the cancer patient assistance fund and the cancer center expansion, to name just a couple. If you'd like more information on supporting the Cancer Center and its programs, please call 443-444-4267.
Make an online gift to the Cancer Center. Remember to choose "Cancer Center Expansion Campaign" as the designation.
The Steve and Sandy Cohen Education Fund
You can make a difference.
Established in 2012, The Steve and Sandy Cohen Education Fund is an exciting new partnership between the Cohen family and MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital. This fund opens new doors of opportunity for MedStar Good Samaritan associates who wish to enhance their healthcare-related skills and attain a viable career path. The fund is helping to train future generations of Good Samaritans.
The Steve and Sandy Cohen Education Fund focuses on five initiatives that enhance continuing education opportunities for associates at MedStar Good Samaritan:
- Faculty support of staff salaries to facilitate clinical rotations for on-site training
- Program and program development support for courses taught on-site by college faculty
- Direct support of associates through scholarships and stipends for education
- Support for selected school and community partnership to help achieve program goals
- Technology support for education, including simulation laboratory and virtual learning equipment
You can help make a difference in the expansion and continued success of this fund established by Steve and Sandy Cohen. Your gift to this fund is an investment in the future of MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital and its associates.
Learn more here about the Steve and Sandy Cohen Education fund.
Lights of Love Program
The MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital Auxiliary started the Lights of Love program in 1974. Yearly contributions to this program, which average a total of $30,000, allow the hospital to purchase new medical equipment and enhance services related to patient care. The program enables you to make personal gifts to MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital for reasons such as:
- To express gratitude for the care you or a loved one has received at MedStar Good Sam
- To wish a friend or loved one happy birthday or anniversary
- To congratulate someone on the occasion of a wedding, graduation or achievement
- To remember a friend or loved one who has passed away
Recognizing Our Donors
The names of those who contribute to Lights of Love are featured on the Lights of Love donor wall in the lobby of the hospital. Donations of $1,000 or more are recognized with a plaque on the Perpetual Lights of Love donor wall, also in the hospital lobby.
Making a Contribution to Lights of Love
Lights of Love allows you to offer help that will touch numerous lives in the community and, at the same time, you can honor a special person or moment in your life. For more information about contributing to the Lights of Love program, contact the Foundation office at 443-444-4267 or email [email protected].
Lights of Love
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital Auxiliary
5601 Loch Raven Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21239
Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation