The Foundation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 for the purpose of supporting the MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital of Maryland, Inc. The hospital, a private, not-for-profit, teaching hospital, follows the moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
The Foundation's objective, in collaboration with the Thomas O'Neill Catholic Health Care Fund, Inc., where applicable, is to generate, administer and manage gifts, grants, bequests and trusts for the purpose of benefiting the hospital's short- and long-range capital and program needs.
The objectives of the Foundation include:
- Assuring the availability of state-of-the-art medical equipment and facilities to people throughout the hospital's service area.
- In collaboration with the O'Neill Fund, to meet the needs of the Baltimore metro region by affording healthcare access to people with limited economic capacity.
- Providing donors with appropriate opportunities to support the extensive and diverse healthcare-related activities of the hospital, its physicians and staff.
- Creating board awareness of the long-term positive impact that philanthropic support can have on hospital patients, programs and services.
- Maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of fundraising activities conducted on behalf of the hospital and its centers of excellence.
- Centralizing fund raising and gift processing/management activities in a professionally staffed and equipped organization specifically structured to perform such tasks.
- Contributing to the hospital's continuing vitality as a not-for-profit, community-based leader among regional healthcare providers.
Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation